Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Awake


The golden beams pierce through my illusion;
As I arduously awake from slumber,
I see the birds- blurred; awaken already,
Waiting for me to regain my vision.

As I awkwardly stand on the lush green beneath,
I hear the river gushing behind.
And as I dip my hands to refresh my eyes,
The river reflects back a dull mind...

And just then a bee hums,
Her song of the unending work...
But I not heeding, did irk;
Her melody of work unsung!

I ponder now-what message is being communicated!
And as I see each one performing their assigned tasks,
I wonder what is man's task!
And I ask myself-Am I awake?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem man, Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

By the qay, That was Uday

Ashay Tamhane said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nice poem Ashay.glad to know that a poet resides in your heart.keep it up..